A bookstore is nothing without the community it serves. At Capitol Hill Books we support our community by offering friendly service to all of our customers and by helping community organizations.
We donate a portion of the money from our discounted red cart books to a variety of nonprofit and charity organizations in the Denver community. We may also donate gift certificates and books to worthy community organizations. If you are a part of a nonprofit organization, please contact us to see how Capitol Hill Books might help your goals.
We are happy to provide lovely, hand-calligraphed gift certificates in any denomination for any occasion.
- Teachers receive a ten percent discount on books for use in the classroom with proper teacher identification.
- Bibliomaniac discount: Receive a ten percent discount on your used books for one year when you accumulate $100 in used books purchases on a bibliomaniac card.
Sorry, but our various used book discounts cannot be combined.
- The readers of 5280 Magazine named us the top used bookstore in Denver for 2009 and 2010. Thanks 5280 readers!
- Denver Post’s YourHub interviewed Capitol Hill Book’s owner Holly in a profile of our store.
- We were visited by Bookstore People and they loved our ephemera wall.
- InDenverTimes.com did an article about our store.
- New Pages has a great listing of independent bookstores.
- We are also the favorite used book store of Mile High Gay Guy!
- People love us on Yelp. Write a review and help us out.